Botox Has a New Competitor On The Market – Dysport
Botox has become a household name in America for anyone trying to fight the signs of aging. Botox is hailed as being a safe and effective way to tighten the muscles in your face and smooth out crow’s feet and wrinkles, and has an ongoing reputation for being the best.
But recently, a tough new competitor has come on to the market offering exactly what Botox offers. Dysport is quickly rising in popularity, and though it has yet to surpass the loyal fan base of Botox, it may soon become the preferred method.
The Differences of Botox & Dysport for Wrinkle Reduction
Though Botox and Dysport both contain the same medication, Botulinum Toxin A, they are formulated differently. This contributes to key differences in the way they take effect, such as:
- Dysport often takes effect faster due to the fact that it contains a smaller protein than Botox. Whereas Botox can take as long as 3-5 days to take full effect, Dysport can reach full effect in only 1-2 days.
- Due to the different formulas, Dysport is usually given in smaller doses, which leads to a few more needle sticks than Botox.
- Studies in Europe have shown that Dysport may last longer than Botox by as much as 1-2 months, which leads to longer stints between treatments.
- Dysport often spreads out faster when treating larger areas, such as for excessive sweating. This leads to the same effect as Botox with fewer pin-pricks.
- Dysport has been shown to be a great alternative in cases where patients have built up a resistance to Botox over the course of several years of use.
Keep in mind that much of the above data was collected in Europe, and the jury is still out on it while the United States conducts its own research. These differences may also be on a person-to-person basis, and may not be typical for all users.
But, if it’s starting to look like Dysport is the better option, here’s the kicker –Dysport is also less costly than Botox. Since demand for Botox has skyrocketed so much in the past few years, it’s price has been steadily rising. As a newcomer to the game, Dysport can offer all of the same effects at a lower price.
What Clinics & Doctors Are Saying About Botox & Dysport
Allergan Pharmaceuticals has carved out a very a fiercely loyal clientele over the years with Botox. But, the popularity of Ipsen Biopharm’s Dysport cannot be ignored, and many clinics are beginning to offer both of them in their wrinkle reduction treatment options.
Finding a clinic that not only carries both products, but have the proper education on the differences between Botox and Dysport is important. Speaking with a qualified physician about your unique needs and options available will help you truly decide which is best for you. Click here to learn more about Dysport.