A HCG Study Overview..
HCG diet has been around along time and was first brought to the attention of the public as a tool for weight loss by Dr. Simeon, a British Endocrinologist. While studying the effects of HCG he noted individuals lost fat rather than muscle. The diet can have dramatic results with weight loss, with people losing a pound a day, consuming 500-1000 calories a day.
Patients and Doctors still would like proof. Does HCG really work and where is the scientific studies? Wont I lose the same weight on 500 calorie diet without the HCG?
This study was published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.They evaluated the safety and efficacy of HCG injections during a 3 months treatment with androgen depleted men. What they documented in the results after 3 months was increase in fat loss and positive effects on muscle mass.. This was not a 500 calorie diet, but there normal diet.
Lets summarize the effects of HCG in this study:
- Patients had a reduction in fat..
- Patients had improved lean muscle..
- Patients in this study where not provided a diet plan, but lost fat…
- Dr. A.T.W Simeons. Paperback, 112 Pages, Published 2010 by Pounds & Inches: A New Approach To ObesityISBN-13: 978-0-615-42755-3, ISBN: 0-615-42755-3.
- Liu PY1, Wishart SM, Handelsman DJ.2002 Jul;87(7):3125-35. A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial of recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin on muscle strength and physical function and activity in older men with partial age-related androgen deficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab.