How Much Testosterone Costs
Because there are so many variables to consider when calculating the monthly cost of testosterone therapy, it can be very difficult to nail down a number. In fact, the cost can increase and decrease on a monthly, or sometimes weekly, basis as you and your therapist attempt to balance your dosages and concentrations.
The involvement of insurance in some applications of testosterone therapy can also affect the cost, reducing the price-out-of-pocket for therapy that your provider deems medically necessary.
Testosterone Cost Guide By Delivery System
The following guide shows the average cost ranges for different testosterone delivery systems:
- Injections – Testosterone injections tend to cost less than most other methods, and can range from as little as $40 a month to as high as $200 depending on dosage and frequency of injections.
- Pellets – Testosterone Pellets have become more effective than previous with keeping blood level up. The new slower release keep levels optimal for 4 months. As of late this is usually our clinic preferred method. Cost will range from $500 up, depending on dosage. (See Pellet Page)
- Oral Tablets – Oral tablets by prescription can cost between $100 for smaller, less frequent doses, to $300 a month for higher dosage and frequency. This is the least viable form.
- Gels & Creams – Topical gels and creams normally cost between $200 and $500 a month and are again dependent on dosage and concentration.
- Patches – Dermal adhesive patches are about on par with gels and creams, costing between $200 and $500 a month on average.
- Gum & Cheek – Materials that adhere to the gums or inside the cheek also tend to cost around $200-$500 per month.
Again, this guide is based on the national average, which does not account for local pricing levels, which could affect cost substantially in either direction.
Finding Out Your Unique Cost
The only way to know for sure how much testosterone replacement therapy will cost for you is to seek consultation with a doctor or therapist. Only a professional can help you to figure the total costs of your unique needs, such as:
- Frequency of Dosage
- Delivery Method
- Concentration of Medication
- Clinical or Self-Administering of Medications
Scottsdale Health Center, Phoenix Arizona’s most trusted testosterone specialists, has created custom programs for many patients designed to make testosterone therapy more widely available and affordable. Contact us today to set up an appointment, and find the program most fitted for you and your budget.