Symptoms of Men Going Through Midlife Crisis
Many of us have heard stories of middle aged men who waste time and money in an attempt to relive their youth. This stage of a man’s life is often mocked and made into a joke. Many pass through this stage of life undeterred, but the transition to middle age can sometimes result in serious depression.
This depression is commonly known as a midlife crisis. This crisis not only affects the man but also the people who love him. Mid life crisis signs in men can be seen before real harm is done to those involved.
Common Midlife Crisis Symptoms
- Changes in eating and sleeping patterns.
- Physical aches and pains that do not respond to treatment.
- Feelings that you are helpless or worthless.
- Feelings of guilt and hopelessness.
- A lack of interest in hobbies you once enjoyed.
- A loss of sex drive.
- A sense of restlessness and irritability.
Low Testosterone Linked to Midlife Crisis
Many men may not be aware but once they reach the age of 40 their body stops producing as much testosterone which can lead to many of the symptoms associated with a midlife crisis. Granted, every man is different and each will experience this hormonal change at different ages and at different intensities. The best way to prevent or reduce the symptoms associated with a midlife crisis is with testosterone treatment to help balance hormones.