The Symptoms & Impacts Of Low Testosterone
The fabled “male menopause,” which is actually a moderate to severe deficiency in the levels of testosterone in a man’s body, is commonly believed to happen in older men aged 40 and over. However, low testosterone can occur in younger men as well for a variety of reasons.
Low testosterone can have powerful effects on an otherwise healthy and happy life, such as:
- Mood Swings
- Decreased Sex Drive
- Sexual & Erectile Dysfunction
- Loss Of Muscle & Bone Mass
- Hair Loss
- Loss Of Energy
- Weight Problems
- Loss Of Motivation
The quality of life and relationships, especially in younger man, can easily become impaired by the loss of testosterone.
What Causes Low Testosterone In Young Men
There are many causes of a testosterone deficiency in men under the age of 40, including genetic diseases such as:
- Kallmann’s Syndrome – A condition characterized by a lack of sense of smell, usually from birth.
- Prader-Willi Syndrome – A testicular development disorder causing testes to not fully descend.
- Klinefelter’s Syndrome – A genetic condition in men characterized by an extra X-chromosome.
- Hemochromatosis – A disorder causing excess iron to be deposited in bodily tissue.
However, other causes of low testosterone can include:
- Testicular trauma.
- Testicular inflammation caused by contracting mumps at a pubescent age.
- Tumors, especially in the testicles or pituitary gland.
- Medications such as steroids and narcotic pain killers.
- Cancer treatments like radiation and chemotherapy.
- HIV & AIDS.
- Recreational drug usage.
- Alcohol abuse & resulting liver disorders.
Even if none of the above descriptions apply, low testosterone is still a possibility. The simple fact is, sometimes testosterone levels drop in young men for no discernible reason.
Treatment For Low Testosterone In Young Men
Low testosterone treatment is generally very easy and painless. Hormone replacement pills, creams, injections, and sub-dermal implants are available from trusted testosterone clinics and pharmacies around the country.
Scottsdale Health Center in Scottsdale, Arizona has a long and proven track record for providing excellent, custom tailored plans and medications for restoring testosterone levels in men of all ages. Contact us today, and let us help you start on your road to a happier, more fulfilled life.