How Can Botox Help With Migraine Headaches?[custom_frame_left shadow=”on”][/custom_frame_left]Botox isn’t just for smoothing out wrinkles, the FDA has officially approved Botox as a treatment for Chronic Migraine Headaches.
- Among adults of all ages, migraine is one of the top 20 causes of disability expressed as years of healthy life lost to disability (The World Health Report 2001, WHO)
- An estimated 25 million days are lost from work or school because of migraine
- Annual direct medical costs for migraine care were about $1 billion
- Women are more likely to have migraine attacks than men – 18% of women and 8% of men (Steiner et al, Cephalalgia, 2003)
- Depression is three times more common in people with migraine or severe headaches than in healthy individuals (WHO, Factsheet 277, March 2004)
- Migraineurs required 3.8 bed rest days for men and 5.6 days for women each year
Do You Suffer From Headaches Or Migraines?
Call the Scottsdale Health Center and talk to the doctor about chronic migraines & how botox injections can help.