The Side Effects of Testosterone Therapy
The side effects of testosterone treatment are usually very mild and may include rash, itching, and irritation at the site of injection.
There are however a number of conditions, if you have already been diagnosed with, that testosterone treatment may conflict with.
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy. As men age the prostate can grow larger making it harder for them to urinate. Testosterone Replacement can aggravate this condition.
- Prostate Cancer. Extra testosterone can cause tumors of the prostate to become larger.
- Sleep apnea. When treatment begins you may have some mild breathing problems through the night.
- High blood counts. Testosterone treatment can increase the amount of red blood cells in the body. This can, although very rarely, lead to conditions such as blood clots.
- Congestive heart failure. If you have this condition it is recommended that you speak to your doctor before beginning testosterone therapy.
It is important to note that these side effects are rare and most men find that the benefits far outweigh the risks.
Not Sure If Testosterone Therapy Is Right For You?
If you’re considering testosterone treatment to bring back your youthfulness, it is always a good idea to speak with a professional first to determine that it is the right solutions for you. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to give us a call for a consultation.